After pulling out from its multi-million dollar sponsorship with BCCI, Sahara declared that they would reinvest in setting up of 20 sports promotion centres, with an international standard sports academy.
According to Sahara , they would invest Rs. 1000 crores in welfare foundation.
They declared an immediate Rs. 500 crore in Sahara Welfare Foundation, which will be run with the association of eminent persons of the country.
The programmes in brief are as follows:
RURAL/SEMI URBAN YOUNG SPORTS PERSON PROMOTIONAL CENTERS
- Develop 20 Rural/Semi Urban Sports Promotional Centers including Rural/Semi Urban Cricket promotional Centers.
- Each shall have 7 to 10 Acres of land which will be developed into sports person promotional centers with hostels having 50-100 rooms.
- Everyone shall get minimum 5 years.
- Scientific selection youngsters shall be done throughout the country in remotest villages also to unearth genuine talents.
- Every year, thousands of youngsters will be selected throughout the country from will be put in these sports centres with all cost of Sahara Welfare Foundation including their education also.
- Local sports teachers shall be appointed and high class Domestic/International teachers shall also be appointed who shall visit these centers regularly in turns throughout the year for special training to local teachers and students.
- Centres will have diversified sports disciplines viz. cricket, hockey, soccer, formula1, tennis, golf, wrestling, boxing etc.
- One international standard sports academy shall immediately be developed at one point in India.
- All best selected students shall ultimately come to this International Class Sports Academy.
- Any of the students who secure a position at the National Level shall be appointed in the company.
- Have minimum one center in every state barring very few highly disturbed states.
- After Certain level of achievements on State/National/
International level these people will be awarded, rewarded, suitably.
- They will stand to receive permanent jobs, houses, marriages (particularly girls), old age facilities etc. etc. Deserving student shall be given regular opportunities to go abroad for further improvements/
- All regular students shall be given high coverage of insurance which may go into crores
Many old (retired) and present players face up to miserable days regarding medical bills, girls marriage, shelter etc. Every year minimum 10 crores will be distributed -
- 3 crores for cricketers
- 7 crores for all other disciplines
INCREASE OF SPONSORSHIP AMOUNT
There would be an increase in Sponsorship amount after discussions with other federations of different disciplines of sports and as per the genuine need for better promotion.
The true Indian cricket fans might be shocked at the sudden decision and it might be a blow for the BCCI. But the move from Sahara should help sports in India in a bigger way.