After a very good response to the first part, I couldn’t resist making this one. This list will include even more legendary and outrageously hilarious quotes along with the witty ones too.
“I’ve got a gut feeling in my stomach. . .”
- You seriously need a class in Biology Ray Wilkins
“If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again.”
- As if it was rocket science! Well done Brian Moore.
“What makes this game so delightful is that when both teams get the ball they are attacking their opponents goal.”
- Once again, our legendary quote machine Keegan.
“In comparison, there’s no comparison.”
- John Lyall, WTF Seriously?!
“Newcastle, of course, unbeaten in their last five wins.”
- Masterclass by Malcolm McDonald.
“I’d like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.”
- Former England U21 player Mark Draper
Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
- Ahem, Norman? Is he like the cousin of Albert? (This one is from the “American” Football, but still couldn’t resist)
“And with 4 minutes gone, the score is already 0-0.”
- You knew it as soon as you read it, yes it is our own Ron Atkinson.
“The only thing I have in common with George Best is that we come from the same place, play for the same club and were discovered by the same man.”
- The Only thing? The only thing?! – Dennis Law!
“I don’t think there is anybody bigger or smaller than Maradona.”
- Ron Atkinson in action yet again!
“Julian Dicks is everywhere.
It’s like they’ve got eleven Dicks on the field.”
- This one was said on the Metro Radio
“When you are 4-0 up you should never lose 7-1″
– Lawrie McMenemy, Um sorry, WHAT?
“I came to Nantes two years ago and it’s much the same today, except that it’s completely different.”
- Keegan in action once again!
‘Beckham? His wife can’t sing and his barber can’t cut hair.’
- The BRIAN CLOUGH. Legendary and arrogant as always.
Think I missed a few once again? Share your views in the comments section.