1. Moussa Dembélé
Club : Fulham FC
Country : Belgium
Position : Central attacking midfielder (CAM)
This season has certainly brought out the best in the Belgian and has seen him take his club to a respectable 9th place. His partnetship with Clint Dempsey has been one of the best across all clubs.
Here is a general assessment of his skills :
- Ability to pick out extraordinary passes in the final third of the pitch, releasing players in on goal
- Shows great agility by dribbling past players without breaking pace.
- Displays maturity in decision making.
- Seldom gets caught in possession.
- Plays crucial defensive role.
- Shows vision and creativity of a master which remains unmatched in the EPL this season.
Potential transfer targets:
Most suitable : Manchester United
Manchester United’s interest in recruiting the Belgian is justified due to the departure of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, which would happen at some point of time we would assume. It would create a need for a player like Dembélé to bridge the gap between the midfield and the strike force.
The availability of wingers like Valencia and Young will prove to be an enhancer to his game and help him execute his plays with consistency. Sir Alex Ferguson has a history of buying talented individuals and focusing on their strengths to mould them into world class players.
He should avoid a transfer to the blue half of Manchester if he wants regular first team action. Players like Samir Nasri and Yaya Toure are already established in the position of attacking midfield which would make it tough to claim their places.
The reason he shouldn’t join Spurs is pretty simple. If he’s looking to upgrade to a ‘world class club’, Tottenham, at the moment, don’t exactly do justice to that tag.