- Henry dropping Weight: Mark Henry is currently overseas doing promotional work for WWE and he said that he is down to 404 lbs. Henry has been working on dropping weight since taking some time off due to injuries. Henry is working on getting down to 375 lbs. Henry tweeted that he is losing some strength right now because he can’t lift weights but added that his shoulder is getting better.
- Jericho Touts a Video: Chris Jericho put out a new Tout video on Friday evening talking about Monday’s upcoming 1000th episode of Raw. Jericho says he believes that he’s being over-looked for the Raw 1000th hype and he will be “the one they’re going to be talking about when it’s through.”
Jericho filmed the 15-second video on-set of a music video shoot for his new “Sandpaper” song for Fozzy.
- Backstage News on Raw 1000: The plan for Monday’s Raw 1000th episode is to feature key spots at the top of every hour. These key spots include, a Rock segment, Brock Lesnar and Triple H segment, and the John Cena vs. CM Punk match. Plans are expected to change several times before Monday, as nothing is set in stone.
- Kurt Angle marries and announces the wedding: Twelve-time world champion and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle, 43, wed his girlfriend of two years, actress Giovanna Yannotti, 25, Friday. It is his second marriage after divorcing Karen Smedley, now known as Karen Jarrett, in 2008.
“I’m Married! Kyra Kody Giuliana @ Guess What? We’re Due to Have Another Baby. Life is Awesome!” Angle tweeted.
The couple already have one child together; on January 22, 2011, Yannotti gave birth to a daughter named Giuliana Marie Angle.
- All of DX on Raw 1000: Jerry Lawler was on 101.7 Kiss FM and discussed 1,000th episode of RAW. During the interview, Lawler said that “all of DX” will be there to open the show.
- Incident during Live Event: There was an incident at last night’s RAW live event in Jackson where the ring ropes broke during a The Miz vs. Santino Marella match. Half-way into the match, Santino ran the ropes and caused the top rope to break free.
- Mysterio Thanks Fans: Rey Mysterio thanked his fans for sticking by him. He wrote the following on Twitter:
“It’s been almost a year since I’ve been in the ring & want to take the time now to thank every single one of U that has been supporting me! Thanx 4 believing & 4 all the love,but most important I thank God 4 letting me do what I love! Perform 4 all of U! 1 love,, RM619.
- WWE Names 100 Millionth Social Media Fan: WWE has named Alex Guerrero, Jr. of San Antonio as their 100 millionth social media fan. Alex followed the RAW Facebook page earlier this week and became WWE’s 100 millionth social media follower. WWE is giving him free tickets to the 1,000th episode of RAW on Monday.
Published with permission from The WWE Gang.