- New Raw GM: On tonight’s 1,000th episode of WWE RAW, Vince McMahon came out during the wedding between Daniel Bryan and AJ Lee, and then announced that AJ would be the new General Manager of RAW.
The wedding ended without Bryan and AJ being married. WWE Legend Slick was the reverend for the ceremonies.
- WWE Clarifies Status of Cena’s MITB Contract: WWE.com published a new article questioning whether or not CM Punk was justified in his actions at the end of Raw 1,000 tonight, and the article clarifies John Cena‘s Money in the Bank contract status by saying the following:
Punk watching Cena get punished by Big Show may be a little more puzzling. Cena became the first Superstar ever to cash in a Money in the Bank championship contract and not win a championship despite not losing the match. In fact, Cena won by disqualification when Big Show attacked him. Regardless of how the match ended, though, the fact of the matter is that Cena had one, and only one, opportunity to cash in and challenge for the WWE Championship. And now that opportunity is gone.
Officially, Cena is not due a WWE Championship rematch.
- What Happened After Raw: After RAW went off the air, The Big Show gets to his feet and starts to go after John Cena. The Rock and Cena recover and take down the Big Show. Cena hits Show with an AA, then puts Show into position for a People’s Elbow. The Rock doesn’t have an elbow pad, and Cena gives him a “Cenation” armband to peel off. The Rock made a joke about how big the armband was and hit the People’s Elbow on Big Show.
The Rock then thanked everyone and posed with a few fans and sends them home happy.
- Major Heel Turn at Raw 1000: In the main event of tonight’s 1,000th episode of Monday Night Raw, the Big Show forced a disqualification after attacking John Cena in his WWE Championship match against CM Punk.
After the match, CM Punk teased a heel turn when he walked out on John Cena and allowed the Big Show to continue assaulting him. This prompted the Rock to run down to the ring and make the save. As the Rock attempted to hit the People’s Elbow, the WWE Champion rushed the ring once more to take him out. Punk delivered the GTS to the Rock and left the ring to a chorus of boo’s from the St. Louis crowd.
If there were any doubt that Punk had in fact turned “heel”, Jerry Lawler took us off the air by saying “CM Punk has turned his back on the WWE Universe.”
- Eric Bischoff Congratulates WWE:TNA Wrestling producer Eric Bischoff, who reigned as General Manager of Raw from 2002 to 2005, congratulated his former employer on reaching 1000 episodes Monday.
“Congrats to the team at WWE on an amazing 1000 episodes. Phenomenal achievement!” he tweeted.
- Tara Commented on Raw’s 1000 Episode: Tara, who accidentally noted on Twitter that she was in St. Louis, Missouri on Monday, the site of Raw, said she didn’t go to the show. She tweeted, “I didn’t go to @WWE #RAW1000 but I haven’t ruled out #RAW2000. For now, you can see me this Thursday night on @IMPACTWRESTLING.”
- Complete List of Appearances on Raw 1000:The following is a complete list of all the returning WWE legends and various personalities that made appearances at the 1000th episode of Raw.
Vince and Stephanie McMahon
WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross
Triple H and Shawn Michaels
The New Age Outlaws Billy Gunn & Road Dogg
Sean “X-Pac” Waltman
Mae Young (with the hand she “gave birth” to)
Mick Foley as Dude Love
Trish Stratus & Lita
Bret “the Hitman” Hart
Paul Heyman & Brock Lesnar
Bradshaw & Farooq
Doink the Clown
“Road Warrior” Animal
Fozzie Bear from the Muppets
Source: WrestlingInc & WrestleZone
Published with permission from The WWE Gang.