The EPL kicks off today but Transfers are not over yet, till 31st – be assured of that. Here are top transfer updates for today:
- After completing the coveted transfer of Robin van Persie, Manchester United are reported to set their sights on Everton Left Back Leighton Baines of Everton – if not now than January.
- Manchester United have rejected an enquiry by Chelsea for Javier Hernandez. Clearly, Sir Alex Ferguson wishes to keep both Welbeck and Hernandez with Rooney and van Persie as their premier strike force. However, Berbatov’s future is still unsure. According to further reports, Zenit St Petersburg have launched a bid to sign Manchester United winger Nani.
- Wigan manager Roberto Martinez have warned Chelsea that they won’t be selling Victor Moses cheap.
- Reports of Dzeko linked with Bayern Munich have made Juventus a move to sign Edin Dzeko from Manchester City.
- Clint Dempsey has been fined by his club Fulham for refusing to play in today’s opener against Norwich City, as manager Martin Jol agrees he can leave for Anfield if Liverpool show actual interest for the player.
- After Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam was linked with a move across the city to join fierce rivals Everton, Stoke City are the latest club to show an interest on the player who was bought by Liverpool for £9million from Blackpool.