- Top 50 Wrestling Villians: WWE has published a list of the top 50 wrestling villains. Roddy Piper topped the list, followed by Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen, Mr. McMahon, Ted Dibiase Sr., “Hollywood” Hogan, Triple H, “Superstar” Billy Graham, Bobby Heenan, Gorgeous George abd Jake “The Snake” Roberts.
- WWE’13 Update: THQ announced in a press release that the full roster of WWE Superstars, Divas, Legends and “Attitude Era” stars featured in WWE ’13 will be announced tomorrow at WWE SummerSlam Axxess.
- Former TNA Wrestler Signed with WWE: According to SuperLuchas.net, former TNA Wrestling star Alex Shelley has signed a contract with WWE.
- SummerSlam Match Back Again: The World Heavyweight Championship Match between Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio is on again for Sunday’s SummerSlam PPV.
- Punk on AJ: Punk Tells AJ that She Wont be RAW General Manager. Check Out the Video.
- WWE pays to WWF: PWInsider confirms that there was a recent settlement between WWE and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) which allows WWE to use their old WWF logo on footage. WWE made some kind of payment to the World Wildlife Fund. WWE is allowed to use the WWF logo and say WWF over footage as long as it is old footage. For example, WWE couldn’t have a Legend come out on RAW next week, cut a promo and talk about how he used to hold the WWF Title and wrestle on WWF pay-per-views.
- Still to Wait for WWE Network ? : WWE recently sent out a memo to fans asking for ideas for Classics On Demand in 2013. Since WWE won’t be launching the WWE Network until after Classics on Demand concludes, that’s another sign the Network won’t be launching this year.
- WWE SummerSlam Party Note: Some of the celebrities at last night’s WWE SummerSlam Kick-off party in Los Angeles were Janet Jackson, Rener Gracie, Ciara Price, David Arquette, Heidi Mueller, Marlon Wayans, Piers Morgan, Maryse, the cast of NBC’s Stars Earn Stripes, Pauly D, Olympian Ryan Lochte and others. WWE had Natalya going around and interviewing everyone.
WWE has been considering a John Cena title win at SummerSlam, which would then setup Cena vs Rock II at the Royal Rumble, and then the Rock would go on to face CM Punk at WrestleMania 29. Again, this is a tentative plan as nothing has been finalized at this point.
As for the Triple H vs Brock Lesnar match, most expect Lesnar to go over in the bout as the feeling is Lesnar needs the win more than Triple H to build him back up for his matches that follow SummerSlam.
- Another Tough Enough Contestant Released: WWE has released Caylee Turner, who is the real-life younger sister of Alicia Fox.
Turner, whose real name is Christina Crawford, was a contestant on last year’s Tough Enough and was reportedly released from NXT (formerly FCW) on 14 August 2012 (Tuesday).
Source: WrestlingInc & WrestleZone
Published with permission from The WWE Gang.