GD Goenka Boys and Montfort School Girls will be scouting their new challengers as the third edition of the BFI-IMG Reliance Delhi School League tips off across several schools in New Delhi on Friday, August 31. Organised by the Basketball Federation of India (BFI), IMG Reliance, and the Delhi Basketball Association (DBA), the third edition of the Delhi School League will be the largest yet, involving a total of 23 teams (12 boys’, 11 girls’) in competition.
The BFI has released the schedule for the Preliminary Round of the tournament, which will be held from August 31 – September 8.
Last year’s champions in the Boys’ section – GD Goenka Public School – will have to wait till Tuesday to play their first game, against Delhi Public School (RK Puram). The Girls’ champions – Montfort – will debut on Saturday against Sachdeva Public School. Montfort have been dominant in this tournament over the past two years, winning both the previous championships. They will face stiff challenge once again this season from Modern School Barakhamba, last year’s finalists. Montfort’s Boys’ side and DPS (Mathura Road) will be hoping to dethrone GD Goenka’s Boys from their perch this season.
Here is the full list of participating teams in their allotted groups from the 2012 Delhi School League:
- Group A: GD Goenka, Oxford School, DPS (RK Puram).
- Group B: DPS (Mathura Road), Air Force Bal Bharti School, Bluebells International School.
- Group C: Modern School (Barakhamba), Bal Bharti Public School (Ganga Ram), St. Michael’s School.
- Group D: Montfort School, Sachdeva Public School, St. Xavier’s School.
- Group A: Montfort School, Sachdeva School, Bal Bharti Public School (Pitampura).
- Group B: Modern School (Barakhamba), DPS (Mathura Road), St. Thomas’ School, Air Force Bal Bharti School.
- Group C: DPS (RK Puram), Oxford School, GD Goenka, DPS (Vasant Kunj).
You can follow the results of this competition on the BFI’s official website.