Welcome to Sportskeeda’s weekly dose of Sports quiz. Before we begin this weeks’s action, let me give a shout to the following participants to provide me with all correct answers for the first two episodes:
Episode 1: Praveen Koushik
Episode 2: Divyajeevan Satpathy
Congrats you guys. With that Let’s “JUST QUIZ IT”
X is a former American professional basketball player. He was selected 16th overall in the NBA draft. He holds the NBA record for the most seasons, games, and consecutive games played with one team. X appeared in 10 All-Star games and went on to be inducted into the NBA hall of fame. He won two gold medals as part of the Olympic Basketball team for the US. His modest nature meant his retirement was a released statement instead of the customary news conference. The team he played for later renamed the street in front of the Stadium they play in.
- The first manager of the club to collect a trophy at Wembley was in 1983.
- Ferencvaros were the first team to win a European tie at their home ground.
- The club went unbeaten in the League from the start of a season in 1987-88 for 29 games.
- The club lost their highest total of 23 games in season 1953-54.
- The first game their current home kit colours was revealed was against Anderlecht in Nov 64.
- Most Players used in a season – 31 during the 1953-54 season.
- Fewest players used was 14 during the 1965-66 season.
- Their first ever league team consisted entirely of Scotsmen.
His name was preceded by “Wor”. He was also addressed as ‘the first World Wor’ in reference to his global fame. He scored 200 goals for his club which was a record at that time. During his time at the club,the club went onto win 3 FA Cups in years. He also made 13 appearances for England, scoring 10 goals. He briefly manage Ipswich Town, and later became sports journalist for the News of the World newspaper. His testimonial match brought about a host of stars to England including his cousins, the famous World Cup winning brothers, Bobby Charlton and Jack Charlton, and the great Hungarian player Ferenc Puskás. His statue still remains near the stadium he played at,often referred to as the “Cathedral on the Hill”
Name the Footballer.
Here are the Links to send me your answers:
Link 2 (TWITTER)
Now for the answers to the questions of Sportskeeda: Just Quiz It——–Episode 2
2. A cricket tournament, played as part of the 1900 Summer Olympics. The only cricket tournament played in the history of Olympic where Devon and Somerset Wanderers represented The Great Britain winning Gold and Union des Sociétés Françaises de Sports Athlétiques represented France winning Silver medal.
3. Norman Gilbert Pritchard, also known as Norman Trevor (It was his screen-name). He won 2 silver medals in 1900 Paris Olympic in 200 meters flat and 200 meters hurdles. According to IOC he competed there for India i.e. British Raj India but International Association of Athletics Federations’ historical records cited him as the member of British contingent. Besides this controversial issue, he was the first man to be in the Olympic arena from the soil of India as well as was a man with many firsts to his credit: the first Asian-born athlete to win an Olympic medal, the first Olympian to act in Hollywood, the first to score a hat-trick on Indian soil in an official football tournament in 1897.
4. Mohun Bagan Athletic Club being the first Indian club to win the prestigious tournament of IFA Shield by beating East Yorkshire Regiment.
5. Steeplechase. The modern format is 3000 m steeplechase for from the day of antiquity the race was for chasing the on-field most cited landmark i.e. the steeples or spires of Churches.