A list of alleged acts perpetrated by the Italian maverick in his short but controversial career :
- He once went on TV wearing an AC Milan shirt with his name on the back while playing for Inter.
- After the FA cup final, he said “ I have been shit this season, am I allowed to say shit on TV?” All of which was broadcast live.
- Won £25,000 in a casino one night, then proceeded to give £1,000 to a tramp outside.
- He brought his Ipad to the bench for Italy’s international against the Faroe Islands because he wanted to play games on it.
- Chanted “Rooney, Rooney” at the prostitute who claimed to have slept with Wayne Rooney.
- Sent to John Lewis by his mother to buy essentials for the house, like an ironing board. Mario came back with a giant trampoline, a Vespa and Scalectrix.
- After he won the European Golden Boy trophy, Balotelli said he had never heard of Jack Wilshere, he then said he would find out who he was so he could remind Wilshere he came second.
- He once escorted an errant Manchester schoolboy back to his school, then promptly confronted the child’s alleged bullies.
- Was involved in a fracas with 4 bouncers after breaking the “no touching” rule at a strip club.
- Was stopped by police going around his hometown of Hulme with £ 25,000 cash in the passenger seat. When asked why he replied ” because I’m rich”.
- Drove his car into a women’s prison because he wanted to “look around”.
- Was seen in a Manchester shopping centre “hi-fiving” City fans the day after City had beaten United 6-1.
- Hands £50 notes to strangers when out shopping in Manchester.
- Went in to Manchester University library and tried to pay off all outstanding book fines for everyone.
- He once threw tomatoes at a Serie A manager.
- He threw darts at youth team players at the club’s Carrington training ground.
- He parked his Bentley outside a Manchester school and wandered in to ask if he could use the toilet.
Latest: Comes to blows with his own manager, Roberto Mancini, who got angry after a late challenge on team-mate Scott Sinclair.