Williams secure the services of Felipe Massa for 2014

Felipe Massa

Felipe Massa

Felipe Massa has been given another chance to prove his worth in the Formula One after Williams decided to sign the Brazilian for the 2014 season.

Massa, who ends his eight year run with Ferrari this year in favor of Kimi Raikkonen, will be paired up with Valtteri Bottas for next season.

“Williams is one of the most successful and important teams of all time in Formula One. When I was a kid, I always dreamed about racing for Williams, Ferrari or McLaren and I’m glad to be signing with another icon of the sport following my time at Ferrari. It is also nice to remember that some of the best Brazilian drivers raced for Williams and cemented a strong national link with the team,” said Massa.

The deal ensures the stay of the driver in the F1 scene and is believed to be a multi-year contract.

“He is an exceptional talent and a real fighter on the track,” Williams boss Sir Frank Williams shared his joy at the signing.

Massa won 11 races with Ferrari and was a whisker away from winning the 2008 drivers championship but eventually finished as runner-up. Meanwhile, Williams will be looking to improve their performance next season as the team only managed to score just a solitary point this time around. And in addition to Massa the team will be also boosted by Mercedes engines and newly appointed Chief Technical Officer Pat Symonds for next season.

Quick Links

Edited by Staff Editor