Chelsea ignores reports of Lampard's China move

London, Nov 12 (IANS):

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has said he knew nothing about reports that Blues’ midfielder Frank Lampard will be transferred to Chinese Super League during the winter.

“Not so far as I concerned,” said the Italian in the press conference after Chelsea’s 1-1 draw with Liverpool in the league clash, reports Xinhua.

According to some latest reports, the 34-year-old Lampard has been linked with CSL side Guizhou Renhe.

“We never make comments on transfer rumours, speculations,” said Chelsea media official Steve.

If the reports become true, Lampard will become the first current England international player to play for a Chinese club.

Lampard, along with fullback Ashley Cole, whose current contracts expire in the next summer, have recently been linked with the reported move to French and American clubs.

Former Chelsea strikers Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba were both transferred to China’s Shanghai Shenhua club in a row during the past 12 months.

Related Reports: Filipe Luis move to Chelsea stalls but player keen to move to Stamford Bridge Reports: Chelsea target Filipe Luis rejects talks with Atletico Madrid to force Stamford Bridge move Reports: Atletico Madrid in negations with Chelsea over Romelu Lukaku Reports: QPR eye up £8 million move for Chelsea striker Demba Ba Real Madrid planning shock £25m move for Chelsea midfielder Ramires, according to reports

Author

IANS
Football Analyst
20619
Posts Published
20.37M
Reads Received
Become a writer How