This competition is now closed. To find out the results, click here: Writers’ Bout results.
Did you think that there was nothing productive that could come out of your passion for sports? Think again!
Sportskeeda and Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS Pilani) are pleased to present “Writers’ Bout” – a competition that can help you combine your love for sports and writing, and win huge monetary rewards in the process!
Writers’ Bout is a part of the BITS Pilani’s Open Sports Meet 2012 (BOSM), and is open to students from all colleges across the country.
And we weren’t kidding when we said there were huge monetary rewards up for grabs at the end of this competition. Here are the prizes that will be given to 3 winners selected by Sportskeeda’s experienced panel of judges:
1st prize: Rs. 10,000 cash
2nd prize: Rs. 6,000 cash
3rd prize: Rs. 4,000 cash
Are you salivating already? Here are the additional things you need to know about the competition:
Step 1 : Post article
Send your entry for the competition by posting your sports article on the site www.sportskeeda.com. Posting an article on Sportskeeda is easy; all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
Register on the site -> Click on ‘New article’ -> Paste your article in the space provided -> Submit for review
Step 2: Send email
If you get an email notification saying that your article has been approved, that means you are a published writer! All you have to do then is send an email to the id email@example.com, mentioning the following details:
1. Original sports article: You have to write an article on any sporting event, player or team (and we’re talking professional sports here – no article on your local street tournament, please!). The article must be completely original in all respects – if even a single line is found copied from any external source, the article will be disqualified.
2. It’s gotta be fresh: Your article has to be freshly written. It has to be on a subject that is relevant to today’s events. No article published anywhere (even on your personal blog) before the 1st of August will be accepted.
3. You can choose your own style: Your article can be in the nature of an analytic dissection, a hard-hitting opinion, a eulogy, a critique, or even a satire! As long as the article is not a mere reproduction of facts, it will qualify for the competition no matter what style it is written in.
4. Word length: The article must contain a minimum of 700 words, and a maximum of 1500 words.
5. No political, religious, racist or sexist propaganda: If any part of the article is found to contain political or religious propaganda, or any statement that could be considered racist or sexist by an objective reader, the article will be disqualified.
6. More than one application: Not convinced with the quality of your first article? You can apply again with a new article. But there’s a limit to how many attempts you can make: we will accept a maximum of 3 entries from a single person.
Sportskeeda’s experienced panel of judges will evaluate all the eligible entries, and will choose three winners at the end of the deadline. The entries will be judged on the basis of the following points:
Q) When does the competition start?
Answer: 1st August 2012
Q) What is the last day to apply?
Answer: 15th September 2012
Q) When will the final result be declared?
Answer: 17th September 2012
For any Queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To know what BOSM is all about, click here.
To check out all the entries in the competition, go to this link: Writers’ Bout entries