On Stone Cold’s podcast The Steve Austin Show, the man who won Olympic gold with a broken “freakin” neck, said that he broke his neck, four times during his eight-year tenure at WWE; and not even once during his ten-year tenure at TNA. He blamed it more on bad luck than anything.
However, he mentioned that The Beast Incarnate broke his neck twice. Here are the four incidents where he broke his neck in WWE:
- Brock Lesnar hit him with a steel chair. Chris Benoit was lucky and asked Lesnar to hit him horizontally with the chair, but Brock hit Kurt in a straight downward motion.
- Lesnar once again, this time it was from Kurt running into him in the corner of the ring. No one was at fault really, but Brock's size played a huge factor.
- Kurt Angle also broke his neck at Wrestlemania 20 against Eddie Guerrero.
- No Way Out 2006 against Undertaker was another instance of Kurt having a broken neck.
- Also read: Kurt Angle Vs Brock Lesnar - Iron Man Match
The last match saw Angle retain the World Heavyweight Championship against The Phenom and go on to have an excellent match against Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania 22. Here is the finish of the tremendous match:
His departure from WWE is something that was not talked about enough.
He was released from his contract and sent to rehab in the hopes of him coming back clean and sober. However, he ended up going to TNA that very year instead.
Still, never say never in WWE, because it could be only a matter of time before we see, The Olympic Gold Medalist as a playable character in one of the 2K games, which may hint at a possible return.
For latest WWE News, live coverage and rumours visit our Sportskeeda WWE section. Also if you are attending a WWE Live event or have a news tip for us drop us an email at fightclub (at) sportskeeda (dot) com.