Pokemon GO Drampa: Best moveset, counters, and is it any good?
Drampa was released in Pokemon GO on February 5, 2024, with the start of the Lunar New Year event. At that time of writing, it is only available as a 3-star raid boss and as a Field Research task encounter. It is a Normal and Dragon-type critter, the only one of its kind, and its inclusion in Niantic's mobile game marks one of the last unreleased Alolan Pocket Monsters' entry into the arena.
In this article, we will look at the best moveset for Drampa in GO PvP and PvE. We will also discuss the strengths, weaknesses, and counters you can use against Drampa in GO.
Best moveset for Drampa in Pokemon GO
Pokemon GO Drampa best moveset for PvP
- Fast Attack: Dragon Breath
- Charged Attacks: Fly and Outrage
Pokemon GO Drampa best moveset for PvE
- Fast Attack: Dragon Breath
- Charged Attacks: Outrage
Is Drampa good in Pokemon GO PvP and PvE?
Drampa has a high Attack stat, but its low defense (164) and stamina (186) stats make it fairly squishy. As a result, it cannot tank hits in the GO Battle League, especially in the Great League. You must, therefore, pair it with a bulky Pocket Monster like Azumarill, Lickitung, Mandibuzz, Jellicent, and so on.
Drampa is a mid-tier Dragon-type attacker in Pokemon GO. It has a respectable damage output of 15.32 DPS with Dragon Breath and Outrage. While it is outclassed by other critters of its type, it can be an excellent Gym Defender in the title.
Drampa’s strengths and weaknesses
Drampa is a Dragon- and Normal-type beast. This makes it vulnerable to the following typings:
Drampa is resistant to the following elemental typings:
All moves that Drampa can learn in Pokemon GO
Drampa can learn the following moves in the game:
This Pocket Monster can learn the following Fast moves GO:
- Dragon Breath
Drampa can learn the following Charged moves in GO:
- Dragon Pulse
Best counters for Drampa in Pokemon GO
Great League counters: Galarian Stunfisk, Azumarill, Whiscash, Skarmory, Talonflame, Alolan Ninetales, Carbink, Defense Forme Deoxys, Registeel
Ultra League counters: Steelix, Cresselia, Poliwrath, Talonflame, Altered Forme Giratina, Alolan Ninetales, Cobalion, Registeel, Walrein, Virizion, Obstagoon, Mandibuzz
- Shadow Gardevoir and Dazzling Gleam
- Xerneas with Geomancy and Moonblast
- Shadow Granbull with Charm and Play Rough
- Shadow Mamoswine with Mud Slap and Avalanche
- Shadow Weavile with Ice Shard and Avalanche
- Shadow or regular Articuno with Frost Breath and Blizzard
- Terrakion with Double Kick and Sacred Sword
- Shadow Machamp with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Shadow Garchomp with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Shadow Salamance with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Shadow Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Outrage
Check out our other guides:
Ditto disguises || Current Raid bosses || February 2024 infographic || GO Shiny Hisuian Starter guides || Buddy evolution Adventure Together guide || Best Fast Attacks || Giovanni counters || Sierra counters || Cliff counters || Arlo counters