Ishpreet Chadha adds National Junior Billiards title to National Sub-Junior Snooker crown
Maharastra's Ishpreet Chadha won his second title junior crown at the ongoing National Billiards & Snooker Championship at the Bengal Rowing Club
Kolkata, January 7 (IANS)
Maharastra's Ishpreet Chadha won his second title junior crown at the ongoing National Billiards & Snooker Championship at the Bengal Rowing Club here on Wednesday.
Chadha also won his maiden sub-junior snooker title on Tuesday.
In the finals of the junior billiards, after the round robin encounters of the top four cueists which were carried over from Tuesday, Chadha, S.Shrikrishna and B Jagadesh each won two of their three matches, triggering a three-way tie.
In the score aggregate Chadha came out on top and relegated Tamil Nadu's Shrikrishna , Jagadesh Karanataka's Nikhil Pise to second, third and fourth place respectively.
In the quarter-finals, Ishpreet beat Arjun Mehta of Karnataka (415-204) with breaks at 42, 67 and 53, while Nikhil Pise went past Avinash Sharma of Delhi (429-246). Jagadesh with a break of 61 beat Hritik Jain of Madhya Pradesh (358-284) and Shrikrishna beat M.L. Laxman of Karnataka (476-359).
Sub-Junior Snooker - Boys (Best of five frames)
Round two results:
- Arpit Shah - MH bt Sharad Chawla - HR (34-64, 59-16, 70-29, 45-52, 45-68)
- Arafat Mondal - WB bt Param Brahma Subodi - OR (78-17, 52-24, 61-24)
- Rakshit Chaudhary - UKD bt Rishabh Panchamia - MH (59-28, 56-32, 72-35)
- Kreishh Gurbaxani - MH bt Krishna P. Naik - OR (49-30, 52-14,79-10)
- Imran Gomes - WB bt Abhinav Dhiman - HR (35-47, 67-39, 46-33, 54-40)
- Saran Raj - TN bt Bhavin Sanaiya - PB (76-34, 72-44, 34-48)
- Anubhav Shukla - UP bt Taaha Khan - MH (49-27, 68-11, 39-63, 58-39)
- Rohan Sahni - MH bt Shobhit Sethi - DL (49-50, 52-60, 69(42)-20, 58-32, 69-62)
- Md. Shoaib - WB bt Siddhant Bastia - DL (48-24, 76-23, 57-14)
- Sundar Raj - TN bt K. Karthik - TLGN (64-21, 83-00, 23-56, 68-16)
- Sachin Parihar - MP bt Irshaad Ali - WB (57-02, 62-17, 64-35)
- Karthik Dhingra - DL bt Akil Rajani - GJ (55-20, 70-34, 55-24)
- Arjun Mehta - KTK bt Shobhit Chandra - UP (53-19, 20-62, 65-32, 27-58, 67-37)
- Kaavya Bharath - TN bt Ayush Namchu - WB (45-17, 71-31, 40-25)
- Jagjot Singh - JKD bt Sahil Arora - OR (54-48, 29-84, 49-54, 63-17, 63-34)
- Raghav Agarwal - GJ bt M.A. Sumair - TLGN (57-45, 63-55, 72-37)
- Harmehr Mago - MH bt Rishabh Gulati - DL (64-15, 62-52, 71-43)
- Avinash Kumar - DL bt Rajwardhan Joshi - MH (50-36, 49-42, 69-20)
- Rishabh Jain - DL, Suraj Rathi - MH, Vidit Jain - AP, Mehardeep Singh - PB and Arnab Ghoshal - WB got walk-overs to proceed to the third round.