COOKIE CONSENT
Write & Earn
Notifications
Favorites Edit

Mourinho hit with second misconduct charge

Jose Mourinho charged for the second time in one week

NEWS
News 01 Nov 2016, 20:00 IST
1.09K
Britain Football Soccer - Manchester United v Burnley - Premier League - Old Trafford - 29/10/16 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho Action Images via Reuters / Carl Recine Livepic
Britain Football Soccer - Manchester United v Burnley - Premier League - Old Trafford - 29/10/16 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho Action Images via Reuters / Carl Recine Livepic
 

LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been charged with misconduct for comments made to the referee during last weekend's Premier League match against Burnley, the FA said on Tuesday.

Mourinho was sent to the stands by referee Mark Clattenburg for the second half of the 0-0 draw at Old Trafford on Saturday after reportedly complaining about a penalty decision that did not go Manchester United's way. Darmian was fouled by a Burnley defender according to Jose Mourinho and his colleagues but the replayers showed that the referee got the decision spot on.

"It is alleged that in or around the tunnel area at halftime he used abusive and/or insulting words towards a Match Official," the FA said. This is the second charge against Jose Mourinho in the last one week. Mourinho was also charged with misconduct by the FA last week for comments he made about referee Anthony Taylor ahead of Manchester United's Premier League game against Liverpool.

The Manchester United manager was accused by the referee of using abusive and insulting the officials at half-time. The FA acted on Mark Clattenburg’s match report and will now wait till the 6pm BST on 4th of November – the time given to Mourinho to contest this charge.

Mourinho was given a one-match stadium ban and fined £40,000 in November last year after he charged into the officials dressing room and refused to leave. He was also accused of verbally abused the referee, Mike Jones and his linesman's at half-time of Chelsea's defeat to West Ham.

The former Real Madrid manager was also fined whopping £50,000 for saying that the referees were 'afraid' to award penalties to Chelsea when they were beaten 3-1 by Southampton in October 2015.

(Reporting by Ed Osmond, editing by Mitch Phillips)

Fetching more content...