Rumour Has It: Pogba open to Juventus return
Another day, another Paul Pogba rumour.
Pogba continues to dominate headlines, even with the transfer window closed.
Having been tipped to leave Manchester United previously, a return to Turin could be on the horizon.
TOP STORY – POGBA KEEN ON JUVE COMEBACK
Manchester United star Paul Pogba is still open to returning to Serie A champions Juventus, says Calciomercato.
Pogba is reportedly eyeing a United exit, three years after his £89.3million (€105m) arrival from the Bianconeri.
The France midfielder was heavily linked to LaLiga giants Real Madrid and Juve before the transfer window closed in September and the speculation will not subside.
- Massimiliano Allegri is learning English as he targets the Manchester United job, says The Guardian. Allegri is without a club since leaving Juventus in the off-season and the Italian is keen on a move to Old Trafford should Ole Gunnar Solskjaer leave.
- According to the Daily Star, United are lining up a £90million double transfer in January. With Solskjaer keen for reinforcements, the Red Devils are reportedly lining up Lyon forward Moussa Dembele and Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff.
- Having identified Ajax's Donny van de Beek as a midfield option before the window shut, Real Madrid are keen to watch more talent from the Dutch champions. AS reports that Madrid will look at Ajax in their next Champions League fixture against Valencia on Wednesday, with Hakim Ziyech, David Neres, Lisandro Martinez and Edson Alvarez all on the list.
Domani l’addio al calcio di Claudio #Marchisio, che nelle scorse settimane ha declinato le proposte di Rangers, Brescia e Flamengo. L’ex centrocampista della #Juventus e Zenit appenderà gli scarpini al chiodo a soli 33 anni. #calciomercato— Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira) October 2, 2019
- According to the Daily Mail, Arsenal are hoping to offload out-of-favour playmaker Mesut Ozil in January. The German has previously been linked to MLS outfit DC United, who are set to lose Wayne Rooney to Derby County.
- Former Italy and Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta could be in line to become the next Genoa head coach, claims Il Secolo XIX. Aurelio Andreazzoli is reportedly set to be sacked if Genoa lose to AC Milan on Saturday and Motta, who also played for Serie A side Inter, could be his replacement.
- According to Calciomercato and La Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira, Juventus great Claudio Marchisio is set to announce his retirement. The 33-year-old – a free agent since leaving Zenit in July – has been linked to Rangers, Brescia and Flamengo.