Assassin's Creed Syndicate: 5 things to note
Assassin's Creed Syndicate details
Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed series is undoubtedly one of the most popular franchises of our generation, with the series’ fanbase increasing by the year. Since the popularity of the franchise is so enormous it was only natural for gamers all over the world to get excited when the latest game in the series titled Assassin’s Creed Syndicate was announced for a October 23rd release. Due to the large scale of the game it’s only natural for Ubisoft to keep the details of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate under wraps, but fear not as the developer has revealed more than enough details about the game for its hype to increase. With that in mind here are 5 things to note about Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
1. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate which is set in a Victorian Era London revolves around two siblings by the name of Jacob and Evie Fyre who are both, you guessed it, assassins. This is the first time in the entire Assassin’s Creed series where you can play as a female protagonist. Both the twins have contrasting personalities with Jacob a skilled fighter who’s sometimes impulsive and Evie who is the more level headed of the two and relies on stealth.
2. Ubisoft have taken a trick out of their competitor Rockstar Games’ book and have made it possible for the player to switch between Jacob or his twin sister Evie during missions. This way you’ll be able to utilize each of the twins’ unique skills as and when required. However you can’t pit them against each other as Ubisoft has confirmed that Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is designed exclusively for single players.
3. Another feature from the Grand Theft Auto series that has been replicated in the game is the ability to hijack vehicles. The only difference being that the vehicles available for hijacking are not cars, bikes, boats or planes, but horse drawn carriages. Pretty neat is it not?
4. Quite a few new weapons are introduced in the game with brass knuckles, a six round revolver, throwing knives, a rope launcher than can be used to grapple between buildings, as well as a Gurkha Kukri all making their debut in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. All in all you’ll have a well stocked arsenal to take on any challenges the game may throw at you.
5. Your base of operations in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is a tavern. You’ll also have to work with London’s many street gangs in order to build your network and take control of the city.