Ten things that we learned from India vs Pakistan semifinal
31 Mar 2011, 01:19 IST
So the breathtaking semifinal match between India and Pakistan is finally over. It turned out to be another favorable outing for the men in blue who brushed aside their counterparts from Pakistan. Here are the ten things we learnt from the match.
- Pakistan are always crappy while fielding. They vindicated it today. Six missed catches with four of the master blaster finally proved too costly for them.
- Catches win matches. Sachin would be saying to Misbah , Younis , Umar Akmal and Kamran Akmal today , “Mates , you just dropped the world cup”. Sounds familiar ?
- No matter whatever happens, Pakistan will always be a good bowling side. Consider the case of Wahab Riaz who was a relatively new-comer but bowled his best spell of his career in a world cup semifinal.
- Sachin Tendulkar is still India’s best batsman by a mile. He might be the oldest member of the squad but he looks the most hungrier.
- Raina is turning out to be the best change India have made. With two brilliant innings he has now made that number seven position his own.
- Batting first is the way to go in a pressure world cup match.
- Pakistan batting lineup is like a pack of cards. When it starts collapsing you cant stop it.
- The start and end of an innings are very important. Sachin might have won the man of the match but the two innings that played a crucial part in India’s win was Sehwag’s blitzkrieg at the top and Raina’s cameo at the end.
- India are peaking at the right time. If it was the batting that won them the match against Australia , it was the bowling that won them the match today. Whats next fielding ?
- Finally , some things don’t change , whether its India never losing to Pakistan in a world cup match or Sherry talking crap.