Brock Lesnar taking a paycut?, Rumor on WrestleMania main event plans, Roman Reigns - Lex Luger
Reddit user MetsFan4Ever, who is a former WWE backstage worker that has broken several WWE stories in the past and uploaded show scripts on Reddit, reports that Brock Lesnar's new WWE deal is reportedly for $3 million / year for 3 years. This would be a notable pay cut from the rumored $5 million / year he has been rumored to have been making since returning to the company in 2011.
We noted last week that MetsFan4Ever stated that with Roman Reigns not receiving the type of crowd reaction that the company had expected, Triple H had been pushing the idea of having Lesnar retain the WWE Championship at WrestleMania this Sunday to Vince McMahon. The idea would be for Lesnar to continue to make limited television appearances while holding the title. WWE would also elevate the U.S. and Intercontinental titles at WrestleMania by putting them on John Cena and Daniel Bryan, respectively. Those titles would headline house shows and pay-per-views where Lesnar is not scheduled.
MetsFan4Ever now says that Vince is on board with Lesnar retaining, Cena winning the U.S. title and either Sheamus or Daniel Bryan winning the Intercontinental title. Dean Ambrose is apparently in line to get a big push heading into SummerSlam.
He also said that he was told that Reigns is being compared to Lex Luger and his WWF push in 1993 and early 1994. Luger received a huge push and was pencilled in to win the WWE title at WrestleMania X, however he failed to get over as a top babyface and was moved to the mid-card with Bret Hart going on to win the belt.
Once again, take this as a rumor for now. Even if it is true, as we've seen with other company plans, they can literally change at the last minute.
Photo credit: Ichiban Drunk