The FIFA 14 demo was released on the 10th of September on all the three major gaming platforms. As always, there was an exciting build-up to the release with people waiting all night for it.
For the first time ever, I personally got up an hour before my alarm clock wakes me up for school, and put it up for download. After 6 hours of getting grilled by various teachers, I was able to lay my hands on it.
Let’s have a look at some of the new features of FIFA 14 -
- PURE SHOT - Players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net.
- PRECISION MOVEMENT - Now every step counts as players plant, pivot, cut, and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of real footballers.
- REAL BALL PHYSICS - Realistic ball physics now determines the trajectories of balls in the game, enabling players to strike the ball with force from distance or drill low rising shots with accuracy.
- PROTECT THE BALL - Protect the ball from opponents to control play through midfield and dictate the tempo of the match.
- TEAMMATE INTELLIGENCE - Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking.
From my experience, I’ll quickly run down a thorough analysis on all the features -
First off, pure shot. I really like this feature, which is probably one of the best.
In FIFA 13, while facing the goal, players had ample time to go through the shooting animation and have a shot while not under pressure from the goalkeeper or defenders. However, it was nowhere near realistic when the same kind of shooting animation took place with two or 3 defenders around him.
This time around, it’s different. See how the player taking the shot is forced to claw the ball out from the ground after being pressurized well and an attempted block is made.
If we have a look at such a situation in real life, the player will be unbalanced, thus forcing him into executing an awkward looking shot that has very little chance of ending at the back of the net. That’s exactly what EA has tried to do.
Such a situation in FIFA 13 would be different. Despite the pressure , the player will gracefully unleash a shot, and in a worst case scenario, be fouled. What pure shot does, is that it edges the game closer to realism. The days where it looked somewhat pretty are over. It’s all about successfully emulating the real beautiful game.
Buy FIFA 14 here -> http://s-k.cm/18T3SW0