Madrid, Oct 3 (IANS) Spaniard Garbine Muguruza lost her third place to Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska in the rankings of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) released on Monday.
Meanwhile, Germany's Angelique Kerber continues to lead the rankings ahead of second placed Serena Williams of the United States, reports Efe.
Russian Svetlana Kuznetsona jumped this week from 10th place to seventh, while Slovak Dominika Cibulkova joined the top 10, landing in eighth place.
Spain's Carla Suarez fell to 10th.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 8,485 points
2. Serena Williams (US) 7,050
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 5,535
4. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 5,246
5. Simona Halep (Romania) 4,987
6. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 4,340
7. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 3,540
8. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 3,500
9. Madison Keys (US) 3,417
10. Carla Suarez (Spain) 3,330.