6. Bolt promised to never let nerves get the better of him after his victory in the World Junior Championship in Kingston, Jamaica. Although he stood 1.96m tall and was physically stronger than his competitors, Bolt was so nerve wrecked before the race that he put his shoes on the wrong feet and struggled to tie his shoe laces straight.
7. Apart from the medals he has won, Bolt’s accolades include him being a five-time winner of the IAAF World Athlete of the Year award, three-time winner of the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award, and two-time winner of the Track & Field Athlete of the Year award.
8. For his breathtaking performances on the track and his incredible athletic prowess, he has earned the nickname “Lightning Bolt”. This name first gained traction after his record-breaking victory at New York in 2008, which was preceded by a lightning storm in the city.
9. As per Forbes, Bolt is the 73rd highest paid athlete in the world in 2015, with total yearly earnings of US$21 million. One of the top marketable personalities on earth, Bolt has signed million dollar deals with Puma, Virgin Media, RockLive and Visa.
10. Bolt’s diet includes yams, fried green bananas, Vitamin C and A, chicken fillet, pork, fish and digestion-aiding fibre. He has often stated that he takes no supplements and usually prefers his meals to contain 60% protein, 30% carbohydrates and 10% fat. Bolt’s favourite fast food restaurant is KFC.