COOKIE CONSENT
Create
Notifications
Favorites Edit
Advertisement

Former West Indies cricketer Bryan Davis laments Dwayne Bravo's decision to quit Tests

IANS
FEATURED WRITER
News
1.99K   //    02 Feb 2015, 11:48 IST
Dwayne Bravo retired from Test cricket last week

Port of Spain (Trinidad), Feb 2 - Former Test batsman Bryan Davis lamented all-rounder Dwayne Bravo's decision to quit Test cricket and said he should have been an integral part of the West Indies team over the years.

The 31-year-old Bravo announced on Friday he was retiring from Tests but would continue to be available for One-Day Internationals and Twenty20s, reports CMC.

"I can understand his frustration. He has been overlooked for so long," Davis told the Trinidad Express newspaper.

"I would have had him in my team all the time and still believe he should have played a lot more Tests."

Bravo's decision to retire from the longest format came after nearly four years after he played his last game against Sri Lanka.

He finished with 2,200 runs from 40 Tests at an average of 31 and also took 86 wickets at nearly 40 apiece.

His decision also followed his sacking from the one-day team last December and his removal as captain after only just over a year in charge.

Davis, who played four Tests against Australia in 1965, said Bravo should have had a longer career in the longest format.

"I am a firm believer that anybody can make their own decisions and he felt it was the right time. I am disappointed he did not play more Test cricket."

Advertisement
Topics you might be interested in:
IANS
FEATURED WRITER
Advertisement
Fetching more content...