Maharashtra's Ishpreet Chadha wins National Sub-Junior Snooker title
Kolkata, January 6 (IANS)
Maharastra's Ishpreet Chadha clinched the Sub-Junior Snooker title beating Shobhit Sethi of Punjab at the National Billiards and Snooker Championship here on Tuesday.
Chadha defeated Sethi in straight frames 46-42, 71-31, 67-04.
Groomed by former world number seven Arun Agarwal, the Mumbai boy set the final ablaze with his stick play and seemed to sight the balls immaculately from the start.
He potted the balls with impeccable accuracy and calculative positioning of the balls, Ishpreet pocketed the first frame by a small margin. Once Ishpreet had won the frame on the deciding black ball, he was all over the table in the next two frames.
Shobhit seemed to droop under the constant pressure and could do nothing of note subsequently. Ishpreet winning the match in style in his customary fluent manner.
- Ishpreet Chadha (MH) bt Shobhit Sethi (PB) 46-42, 71-31, 67-04
- Shobhit Sethi (PB) bt Rohan Sahni (MH). Frame: Rohan: 62-15,68-17
- Ishpreet Chadha (MH) bt Mandeep Singh (UP) Frame: Ishpreet: 57-9,72-28
- Rohan Sahni (MH) bt Shrikrishna (TN). Frame: Rohan: 56-48, 70(28)-19
- Shobhit Sethi (PB) bt Johnson Narsidani (GJ). Frame: Shobhit: 59-0,71-41
- Ishpreet Chadha (MH) bt Hritik Jain (MP). Frame: Ishpreet 62-29,58-37
- Mandeep Singh (UP) bt Md. Hussain Khan (MP). Frame: Mandeep: 55-52,59-32
- Ishpreet Chadha (MH) 415 bt Arjun Mehta (KTK) 204. Break: Ishpreet:42,67,53
- Nikhil Pise (KTK) 429 bt Avinash Sharma (DL) 246
- Jagadesh B. (TN) 358 bt Hritik Jain (MP) 284. Break: Jagadesh: 61
- Shrikrishna (TN) 476 bt M.L. Laxman (KTK) 359