Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare ranked best selling game of 2014
According to this year’s NPD sales report, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is ranked as the best-selling game of 2014. Last year, Grand Theft Auto V became the first non-Call of Duty game to claim the top spot since 2008's Wii Play bundle, but the series is now back on track despite complaints from gamers stating that the franchise has become boring.
NPD sales consider only newly purchased retail games, so digital or pre-owned games does not count. Retail sales for games have been pretty high in 2014 with over $13.10 billion sales. EA Sports Madden NFL 15 claims the second spot as Bungie’s Destiny settles on third spot.
Here are the top ten selling games in all of 2014 in the United States:
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
- Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3)
- Destiny (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4)
- Super Smash Bros. (3DS, NWU)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
- Watch Dogs (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC, NWU)
- FIFA 15 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PSV)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS3, XBO, PS4, NWU, PC)