The Epic Games Store has made quite the impression early on and has established itself as one of the most popular marketplaces for PC games. In a space that is dominated by Steam, the Epic Games Store has managed to carve out a niche for itself.
One of the ways it has been able to establish itself as a viable alternative to other services, such as Steam, is by offering free games every month. Similar to how PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold works, players can claim a couple of free games for their PC every month.
What separates it from the bunch is that players do not need to pay for a subscription to the Epic Games Store. Players only require an Epic Games Account and the Epic Games Launcher to play the game.
One of the free games on offer on the Epic Games Store this month is the indie phenomenon, Abzu. An underwater adventure that lets player discover the vastness of the ocean, Abzu is one of the most unique gaming experiences.
How to download Abzu for free from the Epic Games Store
In order to claim the free games on offer from the Epic Games Store, players must create an Epic Games Account. Players can first create an account and download the Launcher or vice versa.
Follow these steps to download the Epic Games Launcher:
- Visit the Epic Games Store (link here).
- Select the "Get Epic Games" button on the top-right corner of the screen (download link here).
- Once the download finishes, launch the Epic Games App on your PC.
- Simply create an Epic Games account by following the instructions when prompted.
Follow these steps in order to claim your free games:
1. Open the Epic Games Launcher App.
2. Select "Store" from the right-hand side of the screen.
3. Under "Free Games", you will find the games that are available for free.Published 09 Oct 2020, 16:04 IST