New 1.8.2 update announced for the PC version of Minecraft
New update announced for Minecraft The PC version of Minecraft will be receiving a new update today which should fix the games stability issues. M ...
The PC version of Minecraft will be receiving a new update today which should fix the games stability issues. Mojang’s lead developer, Jens Bergensten (aka Jeb) has revealed via Twitter that the new 1.8.2 update is set to release on Thursday.
Minecraft (PC) will be updated to 1.8.2 on Thursday. This is primarily a stability and performance update. @SeargeDP will do the updating.— Jens Bergensten (@jeb_) February 17, 2015
Jeb’s tweet follows that of Searge, another developer at Mojang who uploaded a pre-release version of the same update yesterday.
I've uploaded Minecraft 1.8.2-pre7 to the launcher and posted info about it at https://t.co/5AZQWncG8W - don't miss the included free hugs.— Searge (@SeargeDP) February 16, 2015
The pre-release update lets players try out the new changes before its official launch, which in turn helps the developers by letting the gamers find bugs and glitches that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.
If you want to try out the pre-release version of the 1.8.2 update, then you can follow these simple steps:
- Open the games official launcher and select the New Profile option.
- Call this “pre-releases” and click the “Enable experimental development snapshots” check box.
- Save the profile and download the pre-release update.
You can check out the update notes below:
- Not enough hugs given since the holidays ended
- “/spawnpoint” command fails directly on Pressure Plates, Cobwebs, Signs, Open Fence Gates
- Player location marker invisible on map (wrong Z-Order). One-line fix included.
- Multiplayer “back to title screen” button incorrect
- Certain entities can’t be selected by type
- Water generates above sea level as part of ocean monument generation
- Baby Cows are Milkable
- TNT is no longer colliding with a block placed above it when the TNT is triggered
- Ocean Monument cuts unnaturally into ocean floor
- /stats command doesn’t work on players who aren’t op
- Fullscreen Mouse Out-Of-Bounds Behavior
- Non-ASCII characters rendered wrong (Unicode issue)
- Wither Skull Dupe Glitch
- Enchanted fishing rods make enchanted carrot on a sticks