New update adds shared mode and amiibo compatibility for 3DS version of Super Smash Bros.
Nintendo has released a new update for the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS which will add amiibo compatibility, a shared mode as well as other features to the game.
Nintendo has released a new update for the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS which will add amiibo compatibility, a shared mode as well as other features to the game. Releasing back in October, Super Smash Bros. is available for the 3DS and Wii U. Players in the US will have to wait until Friday to access these new features. The update comes in time for the launch of the New Nintendo 3DS XL later this week.
Players were annoyed to discover that they had to delete data in their amiibo in order to use it in another game, such as Nintendo’s upcoming the Mario Party 10. Many thought it would be the same with the two versions of Super Smash Bros, however their doubts were quelled when the update’s changelog posted on NeoGAF revealed that this was not the case. You can check out the full changelog below:
- Share mode has been added.
- Users will be able to post photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well.
- *Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
- Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, and Mii Fighter data with users on their 3DS Friend List.
- *Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
- *It may take some time to receive the data
- *Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
- Users will be able to post photos to Miiverse from within the game
- *Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community
- amiibo functionality has been added to New Nintendo 3DS XL
- Users can tap their amiibo figure to the touchscreen to transform them into “figure players (FP)” to battle, train, and level-up their FP.
- *FPs that were trained in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U can be used in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
- *Nintendo 3DS/XL systems will be compatible with amiibo functionality using a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015 and the software update that will follow.
- In order to let you play the game more comfortably, we have also fixed some issues.
- Please note: Once users install the update data (Ver. 1.0.5), they will no longer be able to play local multiplayer with users without the update installed. Additionally, any replay data that was saved prior to the update will no longer be playable.
- Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software’s online multiplayer features.