Nintendo News: Piranha Plant Is Now Available on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just got its 75th playable character: Piranha Plant. Players who pre-ordered the game could choose to buy Piranha Plant as a DLC. Piranha Plant was initially scheduled for a release in February, but it seems like we got lucky this time. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate released their patch 2.0.0 today, along with Piranha Plant as well as some gameplay fixes.
Players can get Piranha Plant for free if they purchased Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but it is a limited time offer only. This offer will be valid until 31 January 2019, following which players will have the option to purchase the character as a separate DLC. If you redeemed the code before purchasing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, then your purchase will be counted and you can start playing.
What are Piranha Plant's moves?
- The down / B button deploys a bomb which you can throw at your enemies.
- Analog stick up + B will give Piranha Plant the ability to fly
- Analog stick left or right + B will make Piranha Plant spit poison on enemies, which does damage over time.
- Analog stick down + B will give Piranha Plant an extended strike, a little beyond the normal range.
- Piranha plant also has some very powerful Smash moves (by pressing A)
- Piranha Plant's Final Smash is a move called Petey Piranha, which makes the character go big and allows you to trample your opponents.
Check out the video below for a demonstration on how it works exactly.
Here are the rest of the patch notes for version 2.0.0:
You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
Select the spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO’d.
The following spirits will now appear in the Shop.
- Partner Pikachu
- Partner Eevee
- Dice Block
- River Survival
- Golden Dash Mushroom
- Adjusted the calculation for Global Smash Power.
- Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant.
- Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
- Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to short hop.
- Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates’ KOs when Team Attack was On.
- Game-balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.