PlayerUnknown's Battleground upcoming snow map "Vikendi" is creating a lot of buzz in online media. Players/Streamers like Shroud, Doc DisRespect etc who left playing PlayerUnknown's Battleground for good are also returning back. The 4th map in PlayerUnknown's Battleground, the so-called Snow Map officially named "Vikendi" has a lot of new stuffs about which many players might not have an idea.
The players who are playing the new PUBG snow map Vikendi on the test servers might have some idea about how the map is, but there are many things which, I bet, were not included in the test servers.
In this article, I am going to discuss about the new PUBG Map "Vikendi." You will get to know about the new additions and changes in the map and everything else related to PUBG snow map.
Lets first talk about some major stuffs we will get to see in PlayerUnknown's Battleground snow map Vikendi.
- PlayerUnknown's Battleground Snow map Vikendi will include a night mode which will be somewhat similar to PlayerUnknown's Battleground Mobile night mode. At first you will start with a day match and eventually, it will be night.
- The Canted Red Dot sights is also a major addition which you will see in upcoming snow map Vikendi which is slated to release on December 19. Players have been waiting for it for a long time and it will finally we included in snow map Vikendi Update#24.
- New Vehicle Snowmobile is added, which is also the best vehicle in Vikendi map as you may face difficulty in driving other vehicles on snow.
- You will get to see dynamic clouds in the PlayerUnknown's Battleground new snow map Vikendi.
- PlayerUnknown's Battleground Snow Map Vikendi is not just another typical map of PUBG, its a map which adds possibilities of new fighting schemes, new strategies to opt; as in snow map vikendi the hunter becomes the hunted yup I'm not talking about any reference to Dying Light. The new snow map vikendi will have players footprints and car tracks which will change the whole scenario of your play style.
- In PlayerUnknown's Battleground snow map vikendi vehicles are more slippery in snow or icy areas. The vehicle acceleration on icy terrain is slow and you lose more general vehicle control as you speed up so you might have to think about it before using any vehicle apart from snowmobile.
Now let's have a look at the patch notes content which was revealed a few weeks back which highlights other changes which you will see in PlayerUnknown's Battleground snow map vikendi.
- Vikendi is 6x6km map. The gameplay of Vikendi is quicker than Erangel and Miramar, but offers an arguably more tactical experience than Sanhok.
- Players can throw snowballs while waiting to board the plane in the starting area.
- Keep in mind that footprints and tracks in the snow don’t stay around forever!
- Temporarily removed the feature that allows you to inspect your weapon by pressing the ‘J’ key.
- Added the Vikendi trailer to the game launch intro.
- The center of the red zone spawns outside of the play zone.
- The smaller the play zone, the smaller the red zone.
- The first circle of every game is much smaller than other maps, but subsequent circle sizes change less drastically.
- This facilitates more blue zone variety and unique experiences.
- Similar strategies work on Vikendi to Erangel and Miramar for the first three phases, but the zones will close slower starting from phase 4, similar to Sahnok. We feel this leads to a good balance between strategy and gunplay throughout the duration of each match
Item Spawn Balance
- The overall item spawn rate is at a midpoint between our maps – offering a unique place between the spawn rates of Erangel and Sanhok.
- Level 3 helmets spawn in the world.
- Level 3 vests spawn more often than other maps.
- Smoke Grenades are spawned at a higher rate compared to other throwables.
- Added Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- The duration of the pass is 10 weeks.
- Players have the opportunity to complete missions and receive rewards throughout the duration of the pass.
- Two types of passes are available:
- Survivor Pass: Vikendi – Provides missions and rewards to unlock for all players, as they level-up the pass.
- Premium Pass – Provides special missions and exclusive rewards to players who’ve purchased the premium pass, as they level-up the pass.
- The Premium Pass will be available on the test server for testing and will be purchasable on the live servers Dec 19, 2018 for $9.99 (price may vary slightly depending on your region).
- Some missions cannot be completed while on the test server, due to limited game mode selection.
- Players who’ve played on the test servers from Dec 7 may start the pass on the test server with a certain amount of XP (up to 4,800 XP max)
- Each level you can claim rewards from Survivor Pass: Vikendi in the Rewards tab and also claim Coupons by clicking on the ‘Drop In Supply’ button.
- Coupons can be used to unlock exclusive rewards, read on for more details.
- You can view your current mission lists in the ‘Missions’ tab and can also check the mission lists in-game by clicking ‘P’ prior to jumping out of the plane.
- There are 5 mission types available to complete
- Daily Missions: 3 missions will be provided every day. You swap out up to 1 mission per day.
- Weekly Missions: 10 missions will be available every week, and you can view the missions for specific weeks.
- Premium Pass holders can complete up to 10 missions per week and all players with Survivor Pass: Vikendi can complete up to 4 missions.
- Beginner Missions: Easy missions which are provided for beginner players.
- Premium Missions: All players can complete these missions, but only players who have the Premium Pass can claim rewards after completion.
- Challenge Missions: Theses are special missions provided for players who’ve completed all their weekly missions in a specific week. It contains more challenging and advanced missions.
- All players can complete Challenge Missions, but only players who have the Premium Pass can claim rewards after completion.
This is all for today, if you all think of any feature that I didn't include in the first slide of the article then comment down below and I will make sure to update my article.
Get the latest Video Game News at Sportskeeda.