Dota 2 News: The Newly Released Hero Grimstroke Received Nerf
Valve released the new hero Grimstroke at TI8 as a surprise. The hero was released instantly after the trailer at The International 2018. While the community was excited to play the new hero it was called too Overpowered right after the release. His unique spells and the interaction of other spells with his ultimate was apparently too OP for the community. I mean yeah after seeing my people bursting out enemies with 2 Laguna Blade or 2 Chain Frost it did seem OP and the hotfix from valve totally makes sense. Also, a lot of people said the size of the hero in-game was huge, bigger than normally heroes are as I remember my teammate saying “This dude is bigger than doom”.
Get all the latest Dota 2 News only at Sportskeeda.
All of his 4 spells received nerf and the size of the hero in-game was reduced. Here are the full patch notes:
- Stroke of Fate: reduced movement slow duration 2->1.5
- Stroke of Fate: movement slow can now be dispelled
- Stroke of Fate: reduced projectile vision radius (240->160)
- Stroke of Fate: reduced projectile’s endpoint vision radius (300->160) and duration (3.34->2)
- Stroke of Fate: fixed +600 range talent incorrectly updating the range preview
- Phantom's Embrace: reduced phantom unit's vision range 400->200
- Phantom's Embrace: changed latch duration 4.0/4.5/5.0/5.5 -> 4.0/4.0/5.0/5.0
- Phantom's Embrace: if the target dies, the Phantom now flies back to caster to refresh the cooldown
- Phantom's Embrace: fixed a bug with +2 hits required talent only giving +1.3 hits (4 non-hero hits instead of 6)
- Ink Swell: reduced bonus movespeed 28/32/36/40->18/22/26/30
- Ink Swell: damage and stun amounts now range from 0 to max, instead of from a base value to max
- Ink Swell: ink tendril particle doesn't display if the affected enemy unit is invisible
- Soulbind: no longer sees through invisibility on leashed targets
- Reduced model scale 0.81->0.76
- Fixed some tooltip values that didn't update with talent values
- Added some tooltip notes
Even though the community complained about him being overpowered the winrate says otherwise. According to Dotabuff, the hero has a winrate around 50% at all tiers while heroes like spectre are sitting at a 57% winrate.