Update 1.47, "Big Guns" for War Thunder released
War Thunder “Big Guns” Update As we come closer to the halfway point of War Thunder’s third year as an open beta game, we are gr ...
As we come closer to the halfway point of War Thunder’s third year as an open beta game, we are greeted by the latest update 1.47, “Big Guns.” This update may not be the most flamboyant update yet (that honour would go to the Ground Forces update), however, it does bring in a lot of desirable features and a few undesirable ones. The changes that this update has brought in are listed below. The update includes many new vehicles like
- The Pz VIII “Maus”
- The B57
- The B29 Superfortress
- The Fw-200 Condor
- A new model of the Tiger Tank
- The Flankpanzer 38(t)
Other changes include
- Two new views for ground forces, Binocular view that allows you to survey the land without turning your turret and the Driver View that allows for easier driving.
- Contrail effect has been added for planes.
- Heat/Compression effects for canon fire for ground forces.
- Everyday login rewards.
- Improved dirt effects when vehicles are moving on terrain.
- Arcade battle bombs now have a 10 second delay which will allow players to run away.
- Changed damage and flight mode especially for ground forces where the type of shell fired will determine whether the fuel tank catches fire or not.
There are many more subtle changes but, these are the main ones. Now, for the things that people do not like, 23mm cannons are now incapable of killing that is more heavily armoured than a light tank. With every update, there come new bugs. However, these are likely to be solved soon using War Thunder micro-patches.
War Thunder is a free to play game and is available on the PC, PS4, Mac and Linux.