Xbox News: Upcoming Halo Infinite's new features revealed
- Four-player split-screen and Reach inspired armor customization confirmed.
Modified 21 Dec 2018, 17:48 IST
- Black Undersuits confirmed (again) for Infinite, they pointed out what black undersuits specifically mean ("All parts of armor that isn't the metal pieces" (paraphrase)) and that the art department (sparth) is well aware of the high demand for black undersuits
- Halo Infinite will have Halo Reach Inspired Player Customization, Brian acknowledged that many fans view reach's customization as the best iteration and said fans of reach's customization will be pleased
- Halo Infinite Slipspace engine was developed with PC in mind (different hardware combinations ETC), and that PC will be "treated as a first-class citizen", but that halo PC flighting programs may come later than the other flights, due to technical challenges with developing for PC. AntiCheat for PC was already confirmed earlier this year.
- Players who reach level 152 in Halo 5 will receive a special reward in Halo: Infinite
- Halo Infinite will have (4) player split-screen. They've been successfully testing this with their new engine.
- Slipspace Engine is not completely made from scratch, elements from previous Halo's were used
- In response to requests for more customization in Halo 5 (new armor/emblems/etc) 343 guys said that they were "running out of things to add to Halo: 5" - seems like they want to wind down development on Halo: 5 and focus full-time on infinite.
- Flighting Programs for Infinite will start small but over time will have more and more players, will be opt-in, and will be happening right up to release. I would assume these would start Late 2019. They'll likely have public beta testing in 2020.
- 343 are in the process of starting a Halo: Infinite Pro Team, but they insisted they want Infinite to be approachable by all skill levels, and by players new and old.
For more Xbox One News, stick to Sportskeeda.
PREVIOUS 2 / 2Published 21 Dec 2018, 17:48 IST