5 reasons why you should #GetAJob with HCL and intern at Manchester United
A look at why interning at Manchester United with HCL #GetAJob is a lifetime experience.
Manchester United joined hands with Global IT services company HCL Technologies, back in September last year. This is the English club's first official digital transformation partnership. In accordance with the partnership, HCL is offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to do a digital marketing internship at the Manchester-based club and get a chance to visit Old Trafford, United's home ground.
You can apply for the internship here
Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world. Through their 137-year heritage, they have won 62 trophies, which has helped them develop into one of the world’s leading sports brands and develop a global community of 659 million followers.
Here we look at 5 reasons why this internship is the perfect opportunity for a football fan:
1. This internship will allow you to learn and observe how digital marketing works in the sporting industry, at one of the biggest football clubs in the world, Manchester United. United are a club that engage with fans globally on social media, and understanding how they operate can help you learn a about how to interact with fans across communities and running campaigns.
2. Another advantage of doing the internship with Manchester United is that you get a once in lifetime opportunity to get insight on how Manchester United’s brand works and why the world is in awe of it.
United, who have 20 English Premier League titles to their name, became the first football club to be valued in excess of $1 billion back in June last year and have a great network of sponsors. The massive fan following gives United a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising and broadcasting.
3. The internship also includes an opportunity to visit Old Trafford, the home ground of Manchester United and watch the Red Devils play live at the Theatre of Dreams. The stadium is known for being one of the most iconic football grounds across Europe, and a chance to be part of that history and experience the great match atmosphere is something that you will enjoy.
4. HCL will also provide you an all-expenses paid trip to the city of Manchester. The intern will basically fulfill all their dreams as a football fan by watching a live match at Old Trafford and gain experience while working with the award winning Digital and Brand marketing team of HCL. You will ideate and deliver end to end execution of digital campaigns that leverage the Manchester United partnership.
5. You will get a chance to work in the state-of-art United Xperience lab which will be housed in Old Trafford. This allows you to work with experienced professionals who are engaged in helping Manchester United on their digital transformation journey by developing novel ways to better engage with their fan base.