New User posted their first comment

I-League: Boima Karpeh scores two on debut; Pune FC draw 2-2

Press Release
Modified 24 Mar 2013

Striker Boima Karpeh (Red – 29) heads in his second goal, equalizing for Pune FC.

Pune FC came from a goal down twice to draw 2-2 with Shillong Lajong FC in an I-League Round 21 encounter at the Balewadi Sports Complex, Pune on Sunday.

Striker Edinho Junior (13th & 56th minute) twice gave Shillong Lajong the lead, but substitute striker Boima Karpeh scored a brace (51st & 59th) to equalise for Pune FC. Both strikers were making their league debuts for the respective clubs.

Pune FC stay on fourth place with 34 points from 19 games while Lajong climb up to tenth with 20 points from 21 games.

Pune FC began the game on the offensive and had a couple of chances. Medio Khanthang Paite failed to keep his shot down after controlling Karma Tsewang’s low cross seven minutes into the game.

However, it was Lajong who took the lead in the 13th minute through new signing Edinho Junior. After losing the ball in the Lajong half, Pune FC defence failed to clear as Sho Kamimura slid back a cross from the left to Edinho who finished.

Ten minutes later, striker James Moga had his free-kick saved by the keeper Lalthuammawia Ralte. At the other end Abhra Mondal was at his best, punching out a dangerous cross.

Pune FC created several chances but failed with their finishing in the final third as they went into the break trailing by a goal.

Pune FC then brought in striker Karpeh in place of skipper Douhou Pierre and the move paid off as the Liberian-Australian scored the equaliser six minutes into the half.

Striker Jeje Lalpekhlua slid a ball to Karpeh on the run, who controlled it and released a left-footer. Keeper Ralte got a hand but couldn’t keep the ball from rolling into the net.


Pune FC’s joy was short lived as poor goalkeeping cost them. Keeper Abhra tried to tip over a long ball into the box over the cross bar. However the ball rebounded off the crossbar and fell for Edinho who nodded home.

At the other end, Pune FC once again equalised three minutes later. Karpeh completed his brace after heading home defender Othallo Tabia’s perfect cross.

Both teams created several chances in the final quarter of the game, but poor finishing in the final third let them down.

Published 24 Mar 2013, 23:07 IST
Fetching more content...
App download animated image Get the free App now