ISL Fantasy: Rules and points scoring system explained
The Indian Super League is back for its fourth edition and promises to be bigger and better than ever with the addition of two new teams -- Bengaluru FC and Jamshedpur FC. This means a longer league and an increase in the number of matches, which means more memorable moments for fans to savour.
There is more good news for fans as making its return is the ISL Fantasy League and will allow them to create their teams, battle their friends and win spectacular prizes.
First, users must register on the website and for every match in the league, they have to create a team of 11 players. The deadline for team selection closes one hour before kickoff.
After selecting the match, users must make a team of 11 players which will consist of one goalkeeper, 3-5 defenders, 3-5 midfielders and 1-3 attackers. Each player will be assigned a number of 'credits', which represents his price and users will have a total of 100 credits to spend. The team can also be edited in case any changes are required before the deadline.
Once the team has been created, fans can enter contests in order to compete with other players. For each match, there will be one contest and fans can become a part of them.
Each player selected will then earn points for the team. They will be calculated as follows:
- Played 55 minutes or more (+2)
- Played less than 55 minutes (+1)
- For every goal scored by GK/Defender (+10)
- For every goal scored by Midfielder (+9)
- For every goal scored by Forward (+8)
- For every assist (+5)
- For every 20 passes completed (+1)
- For every 2 shots on target (+1)
- Clean sheet for Midfielder (+1)
- Clean sheet for GK/Defender (+5)
- For every 3 shots saved (GK) (+2)
- For every penalty saved (GK) (+9)
- For every 3 successful tackles made (+1)
CARDS & OTHER PENALTIES
- Yellow card (-1)
- Red card (-3)
- For every own goal (-2)
- For every 2 goals conceded (GK/Defender) (-1)
- For every penalty missed (-2)
There are a number of other rules that need to be kept in mind:
- Captain will receive twice the number of points and vice captain will receive 1.5 times the number of points for his performance
- A clean sheet is awarded to a player for not conceding a goal whilst on the field and playing at least 55 minutes
- If a player has been taken off before a goal is conceded, the player will still get the clean sheet bonus if he has played for a minimum of 55 minutes
- An assist is awarded to the player from the scoring team who makes the last pass before the goal is scored
- Goals conceded will be calculated for the players on the field at the time of the scoring of the goal
- If a player is red carded, he will continue to be penalised for goals conceded by his team
- Any event during extra time will be considered for awarding points but any event during penalty shootouts will not be considered for awarding points