NFL Top 10 teams entering Week 17
With it being the final week of the 2017 regular season, teams are either going to be resting players for the playoffs, fighting for division or playoff spots, and playing for pride. Here are this week's top 10 teams:
10. Baltimore Ravens (9-6): The Ravens are good at forcing turnovers. Alex Collins is a very good running back for them. They will be a threat if they make the playoffs. Last week's ranking: not ranked.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars (10-5): Jacksonville's defense got shredded against the San Francisco 49ers. The Jaguars aren't comfortable from playing from behind. They need to play with a lead and the Jaguars have a chance to possibly knock out the Tennessee Titans from playoff contention. Last week's ranking: 8.
8. Carolina Panthers (11-4): Even though Carolina won against Tampa Bay, they struggled for most of the game. Cam Newton was getting beat up all game long until he made the big play at the end to give them the win. They are going to have to be much better this week against the Atlanta Falcons. Last week's ranking: 7.
7. Kansas City Chiefs (9-6): Alex Smith and Kareem Hunt are igniting the Chiefs offense right now. It's possible that the Chiefs will rest some starters in order to be ready for the postseason next week. They could be a dangerous team in the playoffs. Last week's ranking: 9.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3): The Steelers did dominate the Houston Texans 34-6, but was Houston really a relevant opponent? Pittsburgh plays the Cleveland Browns and they should win that game. Just because the Steelers have an easy schedule doesn't necessarily mean they are a great either. Last week's ranking: 5.
5. New Orleans Saints (11-4): Marshon Lattimore continues to lead by example on defense for the Saints. He is the anchor of the Saints defense. Alvin Kamara continues to set the tone for the Saints offense as well. They should win the NFC South. Last week's ranking: 6.
4. New England Patriots (12-3): The Patriots seem to get the benefit of the doubt week in and week out from the officials. They are still a good team, but their game against the Buffalo Bills was closer than the score indicated. Last week's ranking: 3.
3. Los Angeles Rams (11-4): The Rams clinched the NFC West title. Todd Gurley went off against the Tennessee Titans with 118 rushing yards on 22 carries and also had 10 receptions for 158 yards and two touchdowns. It is possible he will win MVP this season. He, Jared Goff and Aaron Donald will rest this week against the San Francisco 49ers. Last week's ranking: 4.
2. Minnesota Vikings (12-3): The Vikings defense posted a 16-0 shutout against the Green Bay Packers this past Saturday night. Minnesota's offense wasn't spectacular, but they did just enough to get the job done. Last week's ranking: 2.
1.Philadelphia Eagles (13-2): The Eagles didn't look sharp by any means in a 19-10 win on Monday Night against the Oakland Raiders. However, they are the best team in the NFL for a reason. When one player doesn't have a sharp game, another player picks them up and it elevates the team. They will probably rest players against the Dallas Cowboys. Last week's ranking: 1.