Mick Foley reacts to Monday Night Raw's last segment:
Mick Foley posted the following via his Facebook profile:
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
I will get into the hows, whys, and whats at another time. For now, I will just give you my four takeaways from last nights episode of Monday Night Raw.
1) Despite Triple H's help, Kevin Owens is a very deserving Universal champion.
2) The color of the#UniversalChampionship really did not mean anything to any of the four guys in the ring last night, and still strikes me as an incredibly silly thing for fans to have been upset about during #SummerSlam
3) Big Cass wrestled the match of his life and didn't seem out of place AT ALL in a huge main event. This guy is going to be a BIG player in#WWE for a long time.
4) I really like watching matches from ringside. Remember, I used to hitchhike and take buses and trains to get to Madison Square Garden. Now I get paid to be a fan!
So...do you think Triple H acted alone? Should I take Stephanie at her word - that she had no knowledge of her husband's actions?
Mick Foley reacts
Kurt Angle Predicts UFC Star Conor McGregor Will Join WWE
According to Angle, McGregor has planned out his heel persona from day one and took his UFC character right out of the “wrestling playbook.”
“Conor McGregor is an incredible athlete and a wonderful fighter,” Angle told Flair during the interview. “I watched him and he’s so polished. I believe that Conor has taken the wrestling playbook and utilized it in UFC. In other words, he loves being a heel and he does it very well.”
“I think he just did it because it makes his character even more hateful. I think that Conor is doing this strictly for the money. The more he can stir people up, the more popular he becomes. I also think he wants to crossover. I think he wants to go to WWE and this is a good opening, a good avenue for him. I don’t think Conor McGregor is going to fight much longer.”
Check out Ric Flair’s complete interview with Kurt Angle at RicFlairShow.com.
Kevin Owens Announced That He’s ‘Champion Of The Universe’ Three Years Before Actually Doing It:
On Monday night, Kevin Owens made a whole lot of wrestling fans very happy when he won the WWE Universal Championship (with the help of Triple H, but that’s not important). He capped off the main event of Raw by celebrating with his title, but the strange thing is … Owens actually called his shot almost three years ago, to the day.
Owens — then known by his real name, Kevin Steen — cut a fired-up backstage promo after the 2013 Battle of Los Angeles with his stablemates in Mount Rushmore, Adam Cole and the Young Bucks. The quartet held all the titles in the company at the time and would proceed to run roughshod over the promotion for the next year or so until Steen’s departure. Kevin does most of the talking in the video, but the pertinent bit is toward the end, where he christens himself the Champion of the Universe.
“It’s too late. It’s too late for PWG. You see this? We are the champions. Where’s my belt? I don’t need a god damn belt. I made this place. I’m the champion of the universe.”
Alberto Del Rio pulled from all WWE shows:
Alberto Del Rio is expected to move on to things outside of WWE once he's done with his 30-day suspension. On Tuesday’s Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Del Rio has been pulled from all dates following his suspension. Looks like Del Rio is on his way out of the company and he may have exercised the out clause in his contract.
It had been rumored for several weeks that he was leaning towards leaving. There is interest in TNA and, perhaps, with Billy Corgan helping with funding, TNA could give him a nice money offer. If he ends up signing with TNA then he will surely be pushed as a top star there. He could go back to AAA but their financial situation is not as good as it was a couple of years ago so it remains to be seen if they can give him a good money offer. Del Rio and girlfriend Paige were at the Combate Americas MMA show on 8/11 and there is interest in Del Rio from that company.
Here are the results from WWE's Live Event held in Texarkana, AR at the Four States Entertainment Center
– Tag Team Match: The Usos beat The Vaudevillains.
– Singles Match: Baron Corbin beat Heath Slater.
– Eight-Man Tag Team Match: American Alpha & Hype Bros. beat The Ascension & Tyler Breeze &Fandango in an eight-man tag match.
– Singles Match: Kane beat Erick Rowan.
– Singles Match: John Cena beat A.J. Styles.
– Singles Match: Becky Lynch submitted Natalya.
– Intercontinental Title Match: The Miz beat Apollo Crews to retain the Intercontinental Title.
– Triple Threat WWE Title Match: Dean Ambrose beat Bray Wyatt and Dolph Ziggler to retain the WWE World Title.