Jorge Lorenzo wins the French GP
Jorge Lorenzo wins 2nd consecutive race to move 2nd in championship..
Jorge Lorenzo of Movistar Yamaha MotoGP scored his 2nd successive win of the season after securing a win at the Le Mans circuit on Sunday. Valentino Rossi made it a one-two for Movistar Yamaha MotoGP.The podium was completed by Andera Dovizioso of Ducati Team.
Repsol Honda rider Marc Marcquez defended brilliant performance from Andrea Iannone of Ducati Team and Bradley Smith of Monster Yamaha Tech 3 to take fourth place.
The first lap of the race saw Dovizioso storm into the lead in the Ducati with Marquez throwing it back up the inside at the Turn 2 Dunlop chicane but went way too deep and drop back. This gave the lead to Lorenzo closely followed by Dovizioso. As the race progressed, Rossi passed Marc Marquez to be fourth.
Eventually he passed Iannone and Dovizioso at Turn 11 and Turn 13 in consecutive laps to come at 2nd place but till then Lorenzo put up a gap and he maintained it till the end to finish 3.820 seconds in front of Rossi.
There were crashes for Scott Redding, Stefan Bradl, Carl Crutchlow and Jack Miller. The other retirements included Karel Abraham who retired due to a technical issue and Alexis Espargaro as he retired due to clutch issues.
Some facts after French GP
1. 56th Career GP Win for Jorge Lorenzo.
2. 5th Career GP Win at Le Mans for Jorge Lorenzo.
3. 9 consecutive podium finishes for Valentino Rossi and 5th consecutive podium for this season.
4. The race leaves Valentino Rossi leading the Championship with 102 and Lorenzo now his closest challenger as he moved into 2nd place with 87 points. Andrea Dovizioso is in 3rd place with 83 points and defending champion Marc Marquez is at 4th place with 69 points.
5. The next race is in Rossi Land of Mugello in two weeks time.