What to expect ahead of the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2015
The fourth edition of the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon, run in conjunction between running group Hyderabad Runners and Airtel, is due to be held tomorrow.
The run is aimed at elite runners, enthusiasts, amateurs and beginners alike and has categories catered to each. The full marathon will be the standard length of 42.2km.
The marathon will kick off at Hussain Sagar Lake after passing the adjoining state secretariats of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, the runners run in front of Raj Bhavan, the Governor’s official residence. The route also takes runners close to the official residence of the Chief Minister of Telangana, before getting onto the second flyover.
The course crosses through Somajiguda, Punjagutta, Banjara Hills, passes by the KBR Park, Jubilee Hills, before entering the Cyberabad Police jurisdiction into Madhapur, then the Hitech City, the IT District, the Financial District, the villages of Gowlidoddi, Gopanapalli, and through the University of Hyderabad to finally finish in the GMC Balayogi Stadium in Gachibowli.
- There will be 21 water and aid stations along the course.
- Toilets will be available at the Start Area, the Finish Area and along the Race Route at 5 km intervals
- A medical aid station with health care professionals will be near every water station and ambulances placed along the route.
- A field hospital/ medical station will be available at the finish point for any medical emergencies.
What will runners receive?
- A technical fabric short–sleeved official race T-Shirt (We will try our best to accommodate your preferred T-Shirt size, however availability based on stock and on a first come basis)
- A runner’s race kit
- An official race BIB
- An RFID electronic timing tag
- Water, energy drinks and refreshments along the course.
- Finishers’ medals
What categories are available to runners?
- In addition to the standard full marathon, participants may run a half-marathon, a 10k, 5k or 3k run at the event.
- The Full Marathon will start at 5:00 am
- Runners can start to assemble at the start area from 3:30 am onwards.
- In addition to other cash prizes,the first Indian Elite finishers (Male and Female) in the marathon (42.195 km) at the marathon stand a chance to win a fully paid sponsored trip to Sanlam Cape Town Marathon in South Africa.
Race Categories Position 1 Position 2 Position 3 Marathon Men 90000 60000 30000 Women 90000 60000 30000 Half Marathon Men 60000 40000 20000 Women 60000 40000 20000 10K Men 30000 20000 10000 Women 30000 20000 10000
The city has seen a wet few days, although the likelihood of rain at the marathon appears to be low despite a cloudy day predicted. It appears runners may, at most, settle for impaired light conditions in the early hours of the race.