Indian squash contingent for Commonwealth Games decided
23 Aug 2010, 23:03 IST
The Squash Rackets Federation of India at its selection committee meeting finalised the Indian contingent for the XIX Commonwealth Games to be held in New Delhi as follows:
1. Saurav Ghosal – Singles and Doubles
2. Siddharth Suchde – Singles and Doubles
3. Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu – Singles and Doubles
4. Sandeep Jangra – Singles and Doubles
5. Gaurav Nandrajog – Doubles Only
1. Joshna Chinappa – Singles and Doubles
2. Dipika Pallikal – Singles and Doubles
3. Anaka Alankamony – Singles and Doubles
4. Anwesha Reddy – Singles Only
5. Surbhi Misra – Doubles Only
1. Subramaniam Singaraveloo
2. Cyrus Poncha
3. Baskar Balamurugan
4. Gautam Das
Squash made its first appearance at the Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur in 1998. The entire Indian contingent will be making their Commonwealth Games debut. The Delhi 20 I 0 squash competition will feature five events – singles (men and women), doubles (men and women) and mixed doubles at the Siri Fort Sports Complex from 4 -13 October 20 I O.
“India has never won a Commonwealth Games medal, we do hope this year we shall be able to change this record” said Cyrus Poncha, National Coach.
“We are grateful to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and International Sports Division for their scheme for preparation of athletes for the Commonwealth Games, we are confident this will be of immense help to all sports,” said Srivatsan.