Report Card of Team India : India v/s Pakistan
It was a good performance from Team India to win the semifinals. All the more sweeter to Indian fans since it was against Pakistan. Now team India is one more step closer to winning the world cup – in fact all that is left is the final act.
1. Virender Sehwag – Gave India a terrific start though he could not carry it on and make a big score. Attacked Gul upfront to seize the initiative. The 5 fours over was a treat to watch. 7/10
2. Sachin Tendulkar – Played a good knock despite all the luck in the world. Indian innings revolved mostly around his 85. Some of his initial strokes were a treat to watch. 8.5/10
3. Gautam Gambhir – Got a start but failed to convert yet again. Ran better between the wickets than last time. Had a tough day on the field as well. 5/10
4. Virat Kohli – Failed with the bat. But did well pretty well in the field. 5/10
5. Yuvraj Singh – His first failure with the bat. But made up on the field and more importantly with the bowling. Took 2 key wickets and a good catch. 7/10
6. MSD – Failed to make a strong contribution with the bat when the opportunity was there. But as a captain he was very good. Bringing in Nehra for Ashwin was a bold move and it paid off. 8.5/10
7. Suresh Raina – His cameo was very crucial in getting India to a fighting total. Was a live wire on the field as well. 7.5/10
8. Harbhajan Singh – Bowled well. The wicket of Umar Akmal was the key since he looked dangerous. Miserly with the ball as well. 7.5/10
9. Zaheer Khan – Clearly had an off day with the ball. Went for plenty of runs. But started Pakistan’s downfall with the first wicket. 6/10
10. Ashish Nehra – Bowled superbly. Could attribute all the good aspects of bowling. Gave away very little to batsman. 2-33 in 10 was a brilliant contribution from a man coming back from injury. 8.5/10
11. Munaf Patel – Though he lacked pace his control looked great. Getting Razzaq out quick was crucial. 8/10
PS : The ratings may seem to be little on the higher side which can be attributed to high levels of excitement.