Atlanta United vs Real Salt Lake Preview
Atlanta United are currently 11th in the MLS Eastern Conference standings and suffered a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Austin FC in their previous game.
Real Salt Lake, on the other hand, are in third place in the Western Conference league table. They played out a 2-2 draw against Colorado Rapids last week and will look to take it up a notch in this fixture.
Atlanta United vs Real Salt Lake Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Atlanta United have a good record against Real Salt Lake, having won two out of the three matches played between the two teams, as opposed to Real Salt Lake's one victory.
- Atlanta United have failed to find the back of the net in two of their nine home matches in the MLS so far this season.
- Franco Ibarra is one of Atlanta United's more tenacious players and has picked up five yellow cards this season - more than any other player in the team.
- Atlanta United have been clinical in the final third and have scored at least one goal in 13 consecutive matches in the MLS.
- Atlanta United have lost only one of their last three games against Real Salt Lake in all competitions.
- Matches between Atlanta United and Real Salt Lake generally see plenty of goals, with an average of three goals scored per game.
Atlanta United vs Real Salt Lake Prediction
Real Salt Lake have stepped up to the plate admirably this season and assembled an impressive squad who will be keen to prove their mettle this week.
Atlanta United, meanwhile, can pack a punch on their day but have been plagued by defensive issues this year. Real Salt Lake are the better team at the moment and should be able to win the game.
Prediction: Atlanta United 1-2 Real Salt Lake
Atlanta United vs Real Salt Lake Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Real Salt Lake
Tip 2: Game to have over 2.5 goals - Yes
Tip 3: Real Salt Lake to score first - Yes
Tip 4: Jefferson Savarino to score - Yes