The New York Red Bulls are back in action in the MLS this weekend as they take on Los Angeles FC at the Banc of California Stadium on Saturday, June 25. Both teams have been excellent this season and have a point to prove when they lock horns with each other.
Los Angeles FC vs New York Red Bulls Preview
Los Angeles FC, who are currently at the top of the Western Conference league table, played out a 1-1 draw with the Seattle Sounders last week. They will need to take it up a notch in this fixture.
The New York Red Bulls. meanwhile, are second in the MLS Eastern Conference standings. They beat local rivals New York City FC by a 3-0 margin in the US Open Cup and will be confident ahead of the match.
Los Angeles FC vs New York Red Bulls Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Los Angeles FC have a slight edge over New York Red Bulls, having won two out of the three matches played between the two teams, as opposed to the Red Bulls' one victory.
- The previous meeting between the two teams saw a 2-2 scoreline at half-time, representing the 11th occasion four or more goals have been scored in a game involving Los Angeles FC in the first half.
- Los Angeles FC have won 42 matches at home in the MLS since the start of 2018 - with 46 victories, only New York City FC have a better home record than Los Angeles FC during this period.
- New York Red Bulls have lost their last two away matches by 2-0 margins - this represents the first time the Red Bulls have scored in consecutive MLS games on the road in nearly five years.
- Los Angeles FC have dominated the second half of matches in the MLS this season and have scored a league-high 20 goals after half-time so far this year.
Los Angeles FC vs New York Red Bulls Prediction
Los Angeles FC have been exceptional in the MLS so far and will be keen to go the distance this season. They have assembled a formidable squad and have a point to prove this weekend.
The New York Red Bulls have also been in good form this year, securing a impressive victory against their local rivals last week. Both teams are on an even footing at the moment and could play out a draw this weekend.
Prediction: Los Angeles FC 1-1 New York Red Bulls
Los Angeles FC vs New York Red Bulls Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Draw
Tip 2: Game to score over 2.5 goals - No
Tip 3: Los Angeles FC to score first - Yes
Tip 4: Cristian Arango to score - Yes