The Loons have won the last four meetings between the two teams since September 2020. They will look to extend their recent dominance in this fixture.
Minnesota continued their charge for a place in the playoffs with a 2-1 victory over Austin FC last Sunday.
They have now won their last two games and are unbeaten in all but one of their last 11, claiming eight wins and two draws. With 41 points from 26 games, Minnesota are currently in the Western Conference standings, one point off third-placed Dallas, albeit with two games in hand.
Houston, meanwhile, ended their losing streak after holding ten-man Colorado Rapids to a 1-1 draw.
Before that, they lost four games on the bounce, scoring four goals and shipping 13. With 26 points from 26 games, Houston are 13th in the West, only above rock-bottom Sporting Kansas City on goal difference.
Minnesota United vs Houston Dynamo Head-To-Head and Key Numbers
- Minnesota boast a superior record in this fixture, claiming seven wins from their last 17 clashes.
- Houston have picked up five wins in this period, while the spoils have been shared on five occasions.
- The Loons are unbeaten in six meetings with the visitors, claiming two wins and winning their last four since a 3-0 loss in September 2020.
- Houston head into the weekend without a win in their last five games, picking up one point from a possible 15 .
- Minnesota have won their last two outings, and are unbeaten at home in seven home games across competitions.
Minnesota United vs Houston Dynamo Prediction
While Houston will look to arrest their slump, they face an uphill task against a rampant Minnesota team who have turned their home ground into a fortress in recent weeks. The Loons have enjoyed the better fortunes in this fixture and should extend their dominance against their visitors.
Prediction: Minnesota United 3-1 Houston Dynamo
Minnesota United vs Houston Dynamo Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Minnesota
Tip 2: Game to have over 2.5 goals: Yes (There have been three or more goals in five of the last seven games between the two teams.)
Tip 3: First-half winners: Minnesota (The Loons have led at half-time in five of their last six meetings.)