With two of the Western Conference's top sides locking horns, the question on everyone's mind is whether or not we will see Gareth Bale make his debut for LAFC.
Steve Cherundolo's men suffered a shock defeat to the Vancouver Whitecaps before bouncing back with a 3-2 win over Los Angeles Galaxy in El Trafico last weekend. The game was deadlocked at 1-1 heading into the final 20 minutes of action.
Jose Cifuentes, who had opened the scoring for LAFC, netted his second in the 70th minute before Cristian Arango added another just two minutes later. Rayan Raveloson's 81st-minute goal offered a glimmer of hope to the LA Galaxy but it turned out to be a mere consolation in the end.
Los Angeles FC have picked up four wins in their last six matches but cannot afford to slip up if they are to keep up with Austin FC at the top of the Western Conference.
Meanwhile, Nashville SC picked up a hard-fought 1-0 win over the Seattle Sounders in midweek to remain fourth in the Western Conference standings. That came on the back of a 4-1 thrashing at the hands of Charlotte FC last weekend.
They have not fared well at home this season with the 1-0 win over the Sounders being just their third win in familiar territory all season. As such, they have every reason to be concerned when LAFC come visiting on Sunday.
Nashville SC vs Los Angeles FC Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Nashville SC haven't won back-to-back games in the MLS since the start of April.
- This will be the first ever meeting between the two sides.
- LAFC have the joint-second best attacking record in the MLS this season. They've scored 38 goals, the same as New York City FC but four fewer than Austin FC.
- Hany Mukhtar has scored five of Nashville SC's last seven goals in the MLS.
- Since conceding back-to-back losses to Colorado Rapids and Austin FC in May, Los Angeles FC have lost just one of their last seven MLS matches.
Nashville SC vs Los Angeles FC Prediction
Neither Nashville SC nor Los Angeles FC are in their best form. Nashville SC have not been as defensively formidable as you'd expect them to be in recent weeks. They've also fared poorly at home. As such, we believe that LAFC have the edge here and could come away with all three points.
Prediction: Nashville SC 1-2 Los Angeles FC
Nashville SC vs Los Angeles FC Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Los Angeles FC
Tip 2: Game to have over 2.5 goals - Yes
Tip 3: Both teams to score - Yes