Orlando City vs DC United Preview
DC United are currently rooted to the bottom of the MLS Eastern Conference standings, having endured a difficult campaign so far. They suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Nashville SC last week and will want to bounce back on Monday.
Orlando City, on the other hand, are fifth in the league table and have been fairly impressive this season. The hosts beat Nashville SC on penalties in their previous game and will need to step up to the plate once again this week.
Orlando City vs DC United Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Orlando City and DC United are on an even footing, having won six games apiece out of a total of 14 matches played between the two teams.
- Orlando City won both their matches against DC United last season, with their previous victory coming by a 2-1 margin last October.
- Orlando City won their previous home game against Houston Dynamo by a 2-1 margin and have not won consecutive games at home in the MLS in nearly a year.
- After winning their first two games of the season, DC United have lost nine of their last 13 matches in the MLS, including the last three.
- Orlando City striker Ercan Kara has scored four of his team's last six goals, including each of their last three strikes at home.
- Taxi Fountas scored his sixth goal of the season for DC United last week and has a team-high nine goal contributions so far this year.
Orlando City vs DC United Prediction
Orlando City have made an impressive start to their season. They have exciting players in their ranks and can pack a punch on their day.
DC United, meanwhile, have made a shocking start to their campaign and will need to play out of their skins on Monday. Orlando City are the better team at the moment and should be able to win the game.
Prediction: Orlando City 2-1 DC United
Orlando City vs DC United Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Orlando City
Tip 2: Game to have over 2.5 goals - Yes
Tip 3: Orlando City to score first - Yes
Tip 4: Ercan Kara to score - Yes