Philadelphia Union vs FC Cincinnati Preview
FC Cincinnati are currently eighth in the MLS Eastern Conference standings and have not been at their best this season. They suffered a 4-3 defeat at the hands of CF Montreal last month and will need to bounce back in this match.
The Philadelphia Union, on the other hand, are in second place. They were held to a 1-1 draw by New England Revolution in their previous game and will need to take it up a notch this weekend.
Philadelphia Union vs FC Cincinnati Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Philadelphia Union have an excellent record against FC Cincinnati, winning five out of the seven games between the two teams without losing a single fixture.
- Philadelphia Union have conceded only one goal in their last six matches against FC Cincinnati and have an aggregate score of 7-0 in their three games at home so far.
- Philadelphia Union have lost only one of their last 22 matches in the regular season but have been held to a draw in six of their last eight games in the competition.
- After an impressive four-game winning streak, FC Cincinnati have lost their last two matches and have conceded at least three goals in each of those two fixtures.
- Philadelphia Union have conceded only 10 goals in their 14 MLS games so far this season - the joint-lowest of any team in the competition.
- FC Cincinnati's Luciano Acosta has contributed to at least one goal in each of his last seven games in the MLS - the longest such streak so far this season.
Philadelphia Union vs FC Cincinnati Prediction
Philadelphia Union have an excellent squad at their disposal and have a brilliant record against FC Cincinnati. They have stepped up to the plate so far and will look to sustain their momentum.
FC Cincinnati have historically struggled in this fixture and have plenty of work to do this month. Philadelphia Union are the better team on paper and will hold the upper hand this weekend.
Prediction: Philadelphia Union 4-2 FC Cincinnati
Philadelphia Union vs FC Cincinnati Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Philadelphia Union
Tip 2: Game to have over 2.5 goals - Yes
Tip 3: Philadelphia Union to score first - Yes
Tip 4: Luciano Acosta to score - Yes